Friday, May 25, 2007

Iraqi baby receives medical treatment in Haifa


Moran Katz
Ma'ariv, May 21, 2007

Three week-old Sam Mahmoud had life-saving surgery at Rambam Hospital in Haifa. The Iraqi baby-boy was born with a heart malformation that required a five-hour long surgical intervention. "Shevet Achim", the Christian organization operating in Northern Iraq assisted in transferring the baby to the Meir Paediatric Cardiology Department of the Rambam Medical Center in Haifa. Dr. Avraham Lorber, senior paediatric cardiologist, said that the child would have died of his condition had the surgery been postponed any longer. "I did not hesitate for a moment when I heard I had to travel to Israel", says Shilat, the child's mother. "We received a heartfelt welcome here and I am very happy that my son is recovering."

No comments: